PQRS MOC Additional Incentive Payment
ABEM has been approved by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) to participate in the 2014 PQRS MOC Additional Incentive Program. Participating diplomates are eligible to receive 0.5% reimbursement for 2014 Medicare billings. The ABEM MOC “more frequently” activities that need to be successfully completed* in 2014 are the same as in 2013, namely:
- One ABEM LLSA test completed in 2014
- One practice improvement (PI) activity (the activity does not have to focus on PQRS measures)
- One patient experience of care survey that follows ABEM guidelines for communications / professionalism (CP) activities
According to the CMS:
- Only ABEM MOC activities completed on ABEM MOC Online will count toward meeting these requirements
- No other ABEM MOC activities, such as the ConCertTM examination, can be used to meet the PQRS “more frequently” requirements
* Activities must be completed on the ABEM “MOC Online” website, by 11.59 p.m., Eastern Standard Time on December 31, 2014, to count as fulfilling PQRS requirements.
The registration period for the 2014 additional incentive ends at 3 p.m., Eastern Time, on Friday, February 13, 2015.
Over 4,100 ABEM diplomates participated in the program in 2013, and will receive an additional 0.5% reimbursement on their Medicare billings if the CMS determines that they have met their basic PQRS reporting requirements.
For More Information