Medical Toxicology LLSA Test Overview
ABEM Medical Toxicology diplomates are required to complete four ABEM LLSA tests in each five-year period of their ten-year certification. ABEM Medical Toxicology diplomates may take any combination of EM, EMS, and Medical Toxicology LLSA tests to meet their LLSA requirement. EM LLSAs include the Patient Safety LLSA test.
Key Features of Medical Toxicology LLSA Tests
- Each Medical Toxicology reading list consists of 10 to 15 readings based on the Core Content of Medical Toxicology
- Each Medical Toxicology LLSA test consists of 20 to 30 multiple choice questions.
- A new Medical Toxicology LLSA test will be posted on the ABEM website in June of each odd-numbered year.
- LLSA tests must be taken online through your ABEM MOC Personal Page.
- A passing score is achieved by answering 85 percent of the test questions correctly.
- A physician has up to three opportunities per registration to pass an ABEM LLSA test and an unlimited number of opportunities to pass the Patient Safety LLSA test. An incomplete test can be saved and resumed an unlimited number of times before it is submitted for scoring, as long as the test is still available to the physician online.
- A physician may register for an ABEM LLSA test as many times as necessary to pass it, as long as the test is available to the physician online.
- There is no need to complete an LLSA test in one sitting. It is open-book, and ABEM diplomates and former diplomates may prepare for it and take it in groups.
- Once registered, a physician may take the LLSA test any time up to five years after registering for it.
- If a diplomate or former diplomate needs a retired LLSA test to meet ABEM MOC LLS requirements, it is made available.
It is important to note that LLSA readings are designed as study tools and should be read critically. They are not intended to be all-inclusive and are not meant to define the standard of care for the practice of Medical Toxicology. 2015 Medical Toxicology LLSA Reading List
2013 Medical Toxicology LLSA Reading List
2017 Medical Toxicology LLSA Reading List
Archived Medical Toxicology LLSA Reading Lists
All ABEM LLSA Reading Lists
Medical Toxicology LLSA Reading Submission Process
Medical Toxicology Reading Submission Forms (Word) (PDF)