Emergency Medicine Milestones
The American Board of Emergency Medicine is pleased to post the Emergency Medicine Milestones. The EM Milestones are a matrix of the knowledge, skills, abilities, attitudes, and experiences that should be acquired during specialty training in Emergency Medicine. The EM Milestones will provide a basis for six-month evaluations for EM residents.
The Milestones Project was a Joint Initiative of the Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Education (ACGME) and the American Board of Emergency Medicine. The Milestones were designed by representatives of the following organizations:
- The Association of Academic Chairs of Emergency Medicine (AACEM)
- The American Academy of Emergency Medicine (AAEM)
- The American Board of Emergency Medicine (ABEM)
- The American College of Emergency Physicians (ACEP)
- The Council of Emergency Medicine Residency Directors (CORD)
- The Emergency Medicine Residents’ Association (EMRA)
- The Resident Review Committee for Emergency Medicine (RRC-EM)
- The Society of Academic Emergency Medicine (SAEM)
The ACGME provided oversight and instruction for this project.
The Emergency Medicine Milestone Project